The West Des Moines Lacrosse Club has fashioned the following action plan to ensure players and coaches play in a safe and thoughtful manner. This CAP addresses our planned play this spring although the timing and requirements of the resumption could change as well as this CAP.
The Club is staying abreast of federal, state and local public health guidelines and mandates. The Club will also follow local guidance from school districts, state athletic associations and US Lacrosse. The CAP has incorporated select guidelines from the US Lacrosse “Return to Play” recommendations available in their entirety at:
The Club is confident that with the cooperation of parents, players and coaches, the plan will help mitigate the COVID19 transmission risk and keep us on the lacrosse fields.
(Note: If uncertain about his or her health or whether symptomatic, the player, parent or coach should err on the side of caution and not attend the team activity.)
* Per US Lacrosse recommendations: players, coaches or officials with any COVID-19 symptoms must be at least 14 days postpositive test, with a minimum of 72 hours symptoms free in order to return. Individuals require clearance from a licensed medical professional before return to play is granted. A close contact no longer needs to quarantine for 14 days IF the close contact AND the person who tested positive for COVID-19 were properly wearing face masks during the time of exposure. The close contact must also monitor for symptoms and not return if symptoms start. This new change ONLY applies if both people were wearing face masks. Gaiters or face shields are no longer considered equally as safe. This means if one or both of the people were wearing a gaiter or face shield, the 14-day quarantine would still apply.
[The waiver is located in the terms and condition of the registration and is agreed to by players and parents upon completing registration.]
In consideration of being allowed to participate in a West Des Moines Lacrosse Club (WDM Lax) and US Lacrosse, Inc. (“USL”) event (“WDM Lax and USL Event”), the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, certifies and agrees that:
1. My participation includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases, including but not limited to MRSA, influenza, and COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness, injury, and death does exist.
2. If I have a pre-existing health condition, exposure to COVID-19, or any other infectious disease may be more likely to cause serious illness, injury, or death;
3. WDM Lax and USL cannot ensure that all other participants, including coaches and volunteers, are taking precautionary measures to mitigate risks to ensure the health and safety of other participants, coaches, and volunteers, and therefore, participation in a WDM Lax and USL Event involves risk of exposure to infectious disease; and,
4. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
5. I certify that I have not recently tested positive for, and am not exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, which include a cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, loss of taste or smell, headache, chills, muscle or body aches and/or sore throat.
6. I certify that I do not have a household family member/roommate who has recently tested positive for or exhibited the above-referenced symptoms of COVID-19.
7. I willingly agree to comply with all recommendations provided by WDM Lax and USL to ensure safe play. If, however, I observe any unusual or significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest coach, staff member or volunteer, or official immediately; and,
8. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS WDM Lax and USL, and their officers, officials, agents, and/or employees, other participants, volunteers, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“RELEASEES”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL ILLNESS, INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The West Des Moines Lacrosse Club (WDMLAX) fields boys and girls teams for players in grades 3-12. We offer programs for youth, middle school and high school. The club is an all-volunteer, non-profit 501c3 organization, and strives to provide players with the best coaching, facilities, and competition available. WDMLAX is a member of several leagues based on gender and age of the players. We welcome players from various communities and schools in central Iowa. Regardless of whether you've played the game before, you are welcome to join our club or join us for a practice to see if you like the sport. We are not affliated nor sponsored by a school district, however, we utlize West Des Moines School District facilities and thank them for their support to grow the sport of lacrosse in Iowa. See the About Us page for more information about our programs